I work as an Integrative Counsellor which means that I combine skills and tools from different theoretical approaches in order to provide you with personalised therapeutic support to help you express, explore, understand and work through issues. At the core of my work is a person-centred way of working. I believe that the counselling relationship should be based upon mutual trust and respect. I seek to provide a space that is non-judgemental and empathetic, where you can feel safe to explore things you may not want to speak about with others
As well as using talking therapies such as Person Centred, CBT, Gestalt and Transactional Analysis, I can also offer creative approaches such as art, creative writing, play, visualisation, sand trays and mindfulness.
Sessions are carried out via zoom, telephone or face to face.
I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) and an Accredited member of the National Counselling Society (NCS), I adhere to their Ethical Frameworks which ensures that I keep my clients’ best interests at the heart of my work.
Training, Qualifications & Experience
- Registered Member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists)
- Accredited member of the National Counselling Society (NCS)
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Creative CBT Diploma
- Safeguarding trained
- DBS checked
- Previous volunteer counsellor at young person’s charity.
- Previous one-to-one counsellor and group therapy facilitator at a local adult mental health charity.
- Current school counsellor at a local secondary school.